A recent survey of nearly 1,600 corporate, association and third-party meeting planners shows optimism for the near-future of the meetings and conventions industry.
Some key findings include:
- 90% of planners are preparing to hold meetings by August
- 60% believe they will conduct a planned meeting or event in July
- 62% of planners anticipate traveling in the August – September timeframe
While these signs are overwhelmingly positive, respondents also conceded they will be relying on external factors to help them decide when the time is right to resume travel, meetings, trade shows and other group events.
- 33% are looking for favorable and reassuring health and safety information
- 33% are looking for hotels, airlines and other industries to resume operations
- 28% are waiting for evidence of other planners executing successful events
The multi-media M&C business development brand, Connect released the results through its “Back to Business DMO Task Force,” a newly formed conglomerate of national visitors bureau executives, including RSCVA Vice President of Sales Mike Larragueta. The executive task force conducts weekly virtual meetings to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, as it relates to the national meetings and conventions industry.
Below you will find additional updates from the previous week, as we continue working toward the eventual recovery of our tourism and business community. Please reach out to us with any comments or questions you may have.