RENO, Nev. (April 28, 2022) – Visit Reno Tahoe is thrilled to announce that Celeste Rodriguez has been named as a Destinations International 2022 30 Under 30 recipient.
Ms. Rodriguez joined Visit Reno Tahoe in January 2019 as a marketing intern and is currently the Digital Communications Specialist, where she is responsible for programs related to internal and external communication initiatives. An Illinois native raised in Las Vegas, Rodriguez earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies, with a minor in Journalism, from the University of Nevada, Reno. She is an active member of the Public Relations Society of America Sierra Nevada chapter.
“The entire Visit Reno Tahoe team could not be more excited about Celeste’s inclusion in Destination International’s 30 Under 30 Program,” said Visit Reno Tahoe President and CEO Charles Harris. “To be nationally recognized as an upcoming young professional in the travel industry is a tremendous accomplishment which comes with the benefit of additional professional development and networking opportunities. We are proud that Celeste will represent Reno Tahoe for years to come.”
Ms. Rodriguez is the second Visit Reno Tahoe employee to be inducted into the Destinations International 30 Under 30 program within the last decade. Christina Erny earned that designation in 2013, after two years with the organization, and is now the Vice President of Marketing for Visit Reno Tahoe.
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30 are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “As our industry moves toward recovery, we are especially excited to announce these young professionals as they are the future of the travel and tourism industry.”
“The Destinations International Foundation believes in building up the leaders of tomorrow,” said John Percy, president and CEO of Destination Niagara USA and Destinations International Foundation chair. “We are proud of our 30 Under 30 Program and for the foundation investors who make programs like these possible for our industry. We look forward to engaging with them through professional development and networking opportunities throughout the year and in the years to come.”
“We are thrilled to honor this year’s class of emerging young leaders,” said Mike Gamble, president and CEO of SearchWide Global. “As we continue to rebuild and re-energize our industry, our commitment to the 30 under 30 program and the professional development of our future leaders will remain essential.”
The 2022 30 Under 30 Class Includes:
- Sinothando Adonisi, Researcher, Cape Town Tourism
- Kayla Adams, Sports Sales Manager, Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Deanna Barclay, Senior Manager, Content, Visit Baltimore
- April Brown, Special Events Manager, South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Annie Cameron, Senior Marketing Content Manager, Discover Halifax
- Olivia Celata, Marketing & Travel Trade Promotions Manager, New Orleans & Company
- Skylar Clark, Director, Partner Marketing, Brand USA
- Tyler Cole, Economic Development Officer – Sports & Events, Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development & Tourism
- Zhavier Harris, Marketing Specialist, Visit Springfield
- Danielle Keller, Business Applications Specialist, Explore St. Louis
- Nick Kleva, Sports Tourism Manager, Visit South Bend Mishawaka
- Krystal Kusmieruk, Digital Marketing Manager, Visit Greater Palm Springs
- Ophélie Le Livec, Creative Design Specialist, VisitNorfolk
- Katie Ligon, Executive Assistant to the President/CEO, Memphis Tourism
- Brianna McEnroe, Social Media & Digital Communications Manager, Discover Long Island
- Kellie Myers, Convention Services Manager, Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Olivia Novak, Marketing Manager, Discover Lancaster
- Kaitlyn Parham, Digital Marketing & Design Director, Cobb Travel & Tourism
- Chris Riggins, Destination Marketing Manager, Destination Bryan
- Mary Rowe, Tourism Sales Administration Manager, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation
- Celeste Rodriguez, Digital Communications Specialist, Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (Visit Reno Tahoe)
- Taylor Savage, National Sales Manager, Experience Columbus
- Amy Shen, Sales Coordinator, Destination Toronto
- Mallory Snyder, Vice President of Business Development, Visit York County
- Lindsey Steck, Marketing & Communications Manager, Visit Pensacola
- Courtney Swenson, Marketing Manager, Stafford County, Virginia
- Davelyn Tardi, Communications Manager, Discover Puerto Rico
- Alexea Veneracion, Director of Communications, Visit Colorado Springs
- Jonathan Walker, Sports Sales Manager, Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Rasheedi Williams, Group Development Account Representative, Visit Orlando
Now in its 12th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, Northstar Meetings Group and PCMA. For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2022 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.
A hi-res headshot of Celeste Rodriguez can be found here.