Leading Destination Unveils Ski Resort Opening Dates, Special Events and Hotel Offers
RENO, Nev. (November 8, 2023) – A premier winter destination, Reno Tahoe reveals the latest news for the upcoming 2023-2024 ski season, along with exciting developments from its hotel and destination partners. Following a record-breaking snowfall last season and with fresh snow already reported to come this fall, North Lake Tahoe’s ski resorts are set to welcome skiers and snowboarders as early as this week.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming guests to Reno Tahoe, a destination that combines the excitement of our base camp city with the largest concentration of ski resorts in North America,” said Reno Tahoe Interim President and CEO Mike Larragueta. “With plenty of flights across the country – including scheduled nonstop service from ATL, JFK, DFW and PHX – significant investments enhancing the guest experience, hotel offers and live events, Northern Nevada is primed to attract new and returning adventurers for another fantastic winter season.”
Located just 30 minutes from Reno-Tahoe International Airport, these resorts have announced their anticipated opening dates and new updates for ‘23-‘24 ski season:
- Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe will open for the season on November 10. The resort has made improvements and investments to the guest experience ahead of this season, including the installation of a new deck at the top of the new Lakeview Express Lift, a redesign of the Lodgepole Cafe and a heated ramp from the parking lot to the main lodge ticket windows.
- Northstar California Resort will open on November 17 with a new café bar in the Village at Northstar, Experience Vous, which will feature service from first chair to last call. Skiers and snowboarders can also use the My Epic App to skip the ticket window and go straight to the lifts. Mobile life tickets will be scanned hands-free straight from riders’ pockets where their phones are stashed.
- Boreal Mountain opens on November 17 and offers skiers and boarders the chance to save money by introducing GoTime Tickets that include the option to pick a time to start skiing. Once a month, skiers will be able to get lift tickets for as little as $25 on Play Forever Fridays with $5 of each ticket sale going to a local nonprofit.
- Heavenly Mountain also opens on November 17 with the option for guests to use the My Epic App to go straight to the lift with contactless tickets. Visitors can check out a new Brews and Views monthly experience at the Lakeview Lodge with beautiful views of Lake Tahoe, food, beer tastings, music and more. In March, riders can see the Toyota Air and Aprés event to see professional athletes showcase their incredible tricks on a 45-foot jump during an incredible light show.
- Palisades Tahoe kicks off its 75th season on November 22 with major investments including a multi-million dollar makeover to the Gold Coast mid-mountain lodge plus new dining options. Palisades will again host one stop of the Audi FIS World Cup–the Palisades Tahoe Cup – February 23-25, 2024 – featuring competition from the world’s best athletes, live music, fireworks and more.
- Sugar Bowl Resort opens November 24 to kick-off its 85th season with a new ski racing speed venue for racers and a warming hut with the Royal Gorge Cross Country resort.
- Kirkwood Ski Resort opens December 1 and Sierra-at-Tahoe opens on December 2.
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort opens on December 7 with a remodeled dining space at Base Lodge Provisions for easier access to ski dining classics such as burgers, pizza and more.
- Homewood Mountain Resort will open for the season on December 15 with new culinary offerings and an enhanced on-mountain experience.
The urban basecamp of Reno Tahoe is ideal for travelers looking for a destination to unwind after a long day on the slopes, with dynamic dining options, top-rated hotels and thrilling events. After time spent in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, visitors can enjoy winter events and hotel offers in the urban Reno-Sparks area:
- 39 North Pole Village Holiday Festival will be in Victorian Square Plaza from Nov. 30 – Dec. 2 in Sparks. Visitors can enjoy shopping at heated village vendors selling local goods, train rides, lighting displays, food trucks and more.
- Let It Glow, Reno; a city-wide holiday light competition will take place Dec. 1 – Jan. 7. The competition will be held between the businesses within Downtown Reno, MidTown Reno, Riverwalk District, Brewery District and Wells Avenue. Visitors and locals can vote throughout December for their favorite displays while supporting local businesses. Travelers can also book a Twinkle Tour to view the lights from the comfort of a pedicab or brew bike with Pineapple Pedicabs.
- The iconic Reno Santa Crawl in Downtown Reno will take place on December 9. Travelers can join 20,000 Santas for the largest and longest running event of its kind, a crawl to 40 participating bars.
- Whitney Peak Hotel will be joining the Hilton family of properties as part of its Tapestry Collection later this year. And in anticipation for the ski season, the property is offering a STAY & Ski package that includes discounted lift tickets to Palisades Tahoe, breakfast vouchers at the hotel’s on-property restaurant, Café Whitney and a four-pack of beer from a local brewery.
To learn more about all that Reno Tahoe has to offer, visit: https://www.visitrenotahoe.com/